At Marleigh Primary Academy we ask all children to wear uniform because we believe it is important for the following reasons:
- Promoting a sense of pride in our academy.
- Creating a sense of community and belonging.
- Identifying children with the school.
- Supporting our commitment to equality and inclusion.
- Preventing children from wearing ‘fashion clothes’ that could be distracting in class.
- It is practical, smart and designed with health and safety in mind.
- It is considered good value for money.
Uniform does not have to have our academy logo and so can be bought from shops or supermarkets or online. If you are having financial difficulties with any part of this policy, please talk to us and we will do all we can to support you.
Uniform items, including those with logos, can also ordered from www.pbuniform-online.co.uk/marleigh.
Please make sure that all items of clothing are named so that lost items can be returned to their owner.
- Grey or black skirt/pinafore dress/shorts/trousers or Purple and white gingham dress
- Purple sweater (without hood) or cardigan (with or without Marleigh Primary Academy or Marleigh Nursery logo)
- White or purple polo shirt or blouse/shirt
- Purple, white, grey or black socks or tights
- All children are required to wear flat, black shoes without logos. Children need to be able to do up shoes on their own.
- No platform soles, high heels or trainers
- We don’t recommend open-toed sandals due to the risk of feet being trodden on and hurt
Children need a change of clothes and footwear for P.E. and a suitable bag in which to keep the kit at school.
- White T-shirt (different to the one worn daily as part of their main uniform)
- Black shorts
- A pair of plimsolls/trainers (for outdoor P.E.)
- Black jogging bottoms or leggings and school sweatshirt (no hoods) for outdoor lessons in cold weather
We ask that all long hair is tied back with small and discrete hair bands.
Children should not wear jewellery, other than earring studs in pierced ears – these will be required to be removed during PE lessons.
No make up or nail varnish should be worn.